I did not know about the Wilhelm Scream before reading about it in Metafilter, but now I'm kind of intrigued, and I want to listen for it in "Star Wars" and other movies.
My two favorite places to listen to the Wilhelm Scream: Family Guy and The Venture Brothers. I believe there is a Wilhelm Scream in every single Venture Brothers episode.
It's really distinctive--once you've heard it, you'll start noticing it all over the place!
There's a similar woman's scream that I don't think has a name, but I hear it all the time. They use it as a sound effect in "Wag the Dog" (when Kirsten Dunst is being filmed as an alleged refugee escaping her under-attack village),and I notice it in commercials and cartoons constantly.
My two favorite places to listen to the Wilhelm Scream: Family Guy and The Venture Brothers. I believe there is a Wilhelm Scream in every single Venture Brothers episode.
ReplyDeleteOnce you know about it, it is amazing how easy it is to hear it when watching movies.
ReplyDeleteIt's really distinctive--once you've heard it, you'll start noticing it all over the place!
ReplyDeleteThere's a similar woman's scream that I don't think has a name, but I hear it all the time. They use it as a sound effect in "Wag the Dog" (when Kirsten Dunst is being filmed as an alleged refugee escaping her under-attack village),and I notice it in commercials and cartoons constantly.