Sunday, March 02, 2008

We're from Nowata, couldn't be prouder, if you can't hear us, we'll yell a little louder

Unsure why I am so entertained by this Flickr photoset called Who's Who in Nowata High School (classes of '79-'82). It's goofy 1970s and 1980s yearbook shots with humorous comments.

Some of the folks on the Metafilter thread where I found this pointed out that all of us looked pretty stupid in high school and this set is really just making fun of people's looks, but I think there's some weird kind of good-natured feel to it that makes it OK. Either that or I'm just justifying.

Are they sure this guy isn't the new substitute and not a student?

Jon Brennan (from Real World LA) would kick the crap out of this cowboy.

Denim blazers: The white-hot fashion trend.

Shut up, I do NOT have Farrah hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I got so much amusement from that. Thanks for the link!

Just Me said...

Loretta likes 'shrooms??

Carol P said...

I find this uncomfortably close to being a Slam Book. Okay, it's been 30 years and you're STILL making mean comments about the people you went to high school with?

Hope no one does this with yearbook--we all looked exactly like those Nowata kids--same time period!