Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A-tar-i!


I'm pretty much in agreement with the Top 5 Atari games, as chosen by one of our tech columnists.


Just looking at the Frogger screen starts to stress me out. I can still remember the sinking feeling as you realized a car or a log was going to run right over your little froggie. And the feeling of relief when you finally landed him safely on the other side, only to have to start all over again with a new guy.


I would probably have also put Pac-Man on there, although I know people were horrified at how badly it translated from the arcade. But it was on the Atari that I first learned about patterns, and how you could memorize a way to get through each screen that would work every time. I still never got very far, but it was enlightening to learn that it was possible, even for me.

No comments: