Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Almost Paradise


As a TV editor, I have to watch a lot of shows during the TV season (even though people never believe it's for work). So I've been kind of taking the summer off, and when I watch TV, it's been mainly old comfort food reruns, of "South Park" or "Simpsons" or "Cosby Show," my new summer addiction.

And then just this week I learned that DirecTV now provides my home with the Fox Reality Channel, which means I get like four hours a day of "Paradise Hotel" reruns, complete with the contestants coming back and commenting on the episodes. I've only watched half a show (I forgot how MEAN those little snots were on that show), but damn, that's some bad TV right there.

I remember feeling sorry for goofy-looking Dave when he was tossed on the island as the only not-model-handsome guy who seemed to have a brain. But after watching the part of the episode where he gets to the island, I realized for the first time that he was really kind of assy, and helped create his own downfall. Still, that doesn't mean I'd cheer for the hellspawn duo of Zack and Amy over Dave and Charla -- I'm not a crazy person.

No comments: