Monday, August 22, 2005

Girl power

Cute state- or city-specific shirts, touting you as California Girl, Chicago Girl, and the like.

I think I should get Minnesota Girl -- the small text says "sassy, stylish, snowmobile-racing, wool-socks-wearing, fish filleting, ya-you-betcha saying, all-American Minnesota Girl." Underneath that, it says "do I look like I grew up in a little house on the prairie?"

I should also get Seattle Girl -- which says "coffee-craving, ferry-riding, fish-tossing, flannel-wearing, raindrop-dodging, super-cool, super-fun hipster diva," as well as "do I look like I used to play in a grunge band?"

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a West Coast Girl shirt, either. Or maybe "I'll never move East of the 405," which is on the anti-suburb page. Oh, so many choices.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man! I feel so marginalized- no Oregon Girl or Portland Girl! I'm totally not buying one of their shirts. West Coast Girl my Aunt Fanny...

Anonymous said...

There's no Connecticut Girl either. But that kind of figures; people usually forget about Connecticut.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, they have one for my hometown of Vero Beach, FL! And it's on sale. I think it's a sign...

Anonymous said...

There's no Louisiana or Arkansas girl, either. The closest they come is "southern girl." Oh, well.

Anonymous said...

Yet they weirdly have Midwestern Girl, Missouri Girl and St. Louis girl. Huh. When did we start getting all the love?