Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Teacher, teacher

I haven't been in college in years, but I spent waaaay too much time on RateMyProfessors.com tonight, looking up the reviews for all the profs at my old school that are still there, as well as for a couple of old boyfriends who are now professors themselves (one of them gets rated with a chili pepper, the site's symbol for "hot").

I remember when I was in college visiting one of the dorms when I was a commuter student. The girls in the dorm had put up poster paper in the halls and were rating the profs they'd had to try and offer advice to other girls picking classes. Little did I know that what they were doing then so primitively would evolve into this. It's a darn useful site, even if some kids are stupid and give low ratings to profs who actually expect them to work. If I were a professor I'd try and force myself to stay away from it, but I'm sure I'd end up looking myself up and silently fuming over any bad ratings.

1 comment:

GoBetty said...

Great God, I just looked up a bunch of teachers, including one of my best friends... she gets the worst marks and comments I have yet seen. I feel terrible for her. I hope she never finds this site. Surely she can't be that bad??????