Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tooned in

Remember when the networks used to hype their Saturday-morning cartoon lineup like there was no tomorrow? "Shazam," "Isis," "Far-out Space Nuts," "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids," there were some great kiddie shows back in the day, and they weren't all written just to sell crap, either.

This site has a fun collection of full-page newspaper ads promoting Saturday-morning lineups, and you can buy the ad of your choice if you feel like framing it. I think 1975 is my favorite.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I know what to get my husband for his birthday!

Anonymous said...

"Zephyr winds that blow on high, lift me now so I can FLY!"

Aisha said...

I'm glad its not just in my head-- Saturday morning cartoons just suck nowadays!