Thursday, September 01, 2005

Down by the old mill stream

My niece April found my work Weblog and sent me a great note pointing me to this site, MyProntoPup.com, which features more photos from the MN State Fair than you could shake a Pronto Pup stick at.

And that led me to this fun video in which a guy who got his first kiss at Ye Old Mill interviews the current owner. Ye Old Mill is a tunnel of love ride at the Minnesota State Fair, it's the oldest ride there, and I've had more than a few kisses in it myself.

Every time I ride it, though, I always think they're going to somehow replace the goofy tableaux of teddy bears and gnomes with horror scenes or something. Something about the darkness and how the boats are out of your control make it seem the perfect setting for a Stephen King story. I'm still not sure it's not haunted. Here's the ride's official site.

No comments: