Thursday, January 26, 2006

Jolted back to the 1980s


I caught a segment on Jolt Cola on "I Love the 80s" and it was amazingly awesome.

It featured an 1980s TV commercial for Jolt featuring two blonde feathered-hair teens making eyes at one another at a drive-in while sucking down Jolt.

Does this ring a bell? Oh, if you could see it, and hear the positively unpeppy theme song.

"Sitting at the drive-in on a Saturday night,
Drinking Jolt cola, it’s the taste that’s right
Something something something something something 'een
Jolt has all the sugar and twice the caffeine!"

OK, I'm not sure about the last two lines, but aw, I wish I could find a photo of the two featherheads with their Jolt cans. It's just awesome.

6 comments:

j. said...

When I was in middle school / highschool, it was rumored that Jolt Cola was outlawed in the state of Kansas. So, whenever my friends and I might go to Oklahoma, or Missouri, we would find Jolt Cola all over the place, and bring back bottles and cans of it. It made as feel rebellious and cool--we were holding illegal substances obtained by legal means. 17 years later I still have one of the glass bottles of jolt cola, with the cola still in it. Who knows, maybe some day it will be worth something.

Samantha said...

I love Jolt, drank it sometimes when I lived in Saint Louis for 10 years. Now I live in Tennessee and not only am I in a dry county but alas, no Jolt either! *pout*

Anonymous said...

I just want you folks to know, as an anonymous tipster: Jolt is still around. You can still buy it some places, you just have to search.

Anonymous said...

I am a Jolt-lover too! I remember stopping at the Circle K on the way to elementary school to buy a Jolt. No wonder my teachers thought I was hyperactive!!

Anonymous said...

I think we can get it here in BC... I also found a page called Jolt-Finder:
http://community.livejournal.com/joltfinder

Anonymous said...

Hi

Doing a bit of research myself on JOLT and it's really fun to see what people have to say about it. Since I am associated with JOLT - (wet planet beverages), I am very interested in all the topics being discussed online, from Where can you get it? ... to It's still around? It's really great that the brand is still being recognized and has a huge following! So, if you don't see it, keep looking!! And if you do find it, go here and post it, so everyone in your area can enjoy the ORIGINAL Power Drink!

http://www.frappr.com/joltcoladrinkers

Thanks!