Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Snacks from the sewer

It's a tough day indeed when X-Entertainment can't make me smile. I was hooting at Matt's latest, Snacks from the Sewer, where he rounds up the many Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle food products that were once available. (Macaroni and cheese! Pudding pies! Oozing Jello! Ice cream treats with bubblegum eyes! Pizza Crunchabungas!)

Proving how hot the TMNTs were in their day, we happened to have a young Australian over at the time I was reading the article. His response? "Ooh! I was Donatello."

Best line from the article: "Farley's Ninja Turtle Fruit Snacks: What amazes me most about these is that the Farley company went through all the trouble of obtaining the white hot Ninja Turtle license only to spend half a buck on the package art -- the Ninja Turtles depicted on the box look like something I would've drawn out of toothpaste when I was supposed to be showering. In this regard it would seem that Mr. Farley and his Farley Soldiers wanted us to believe that they'd bootlegged the concept rather than paid the big bucks, but that wouldn't really make sense, so I'm left theorizing that whatever apathetic suit ran the place decided to let their retarded nephew sketch the box art. I don't know why this is bugging me so much."

No comments: