Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Two weeks till spring!

Winter is really not as much of an issue to me in Seattle as it was in Minnesota. I know everyone here complains about the rain and the grayness, but all I'm thinking, after four-plus years, is: It's not thirty below! Ever! I don't have to shovel! Ever!

But I was still thrilled to hear today that spring is just two weeks off. With Kirby Puckett and Dana Reeve and all the other deaths filling my entertainment-editing job every day, it kind of seems like we could use some sunshine and new life.

Speaking of Kirby, my friend Judi is Dave Barry's assistant (I know -- the world's coolest job, no?) and she linked to my Kirby tribute on Dave's official Weblog today. Aw, Judi, you're the best, and your very funny boss is, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver are going to be funny... their motto to the world should be, "Think Umbrellas!" Vancouver in the winter has two kinds of weather (like Seattle): just stopped raining, and just about to rain.