Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Notes from the day job

MSNBC stories of note:

Mean Girls: You would be hard-pressed to find a subhead that is more directly geared for massive readership than "Boozing, bikinis and bullying: how the scandalous behavior of five high-school cheerleaders rocked a bedroom community near Dallas." Yeah, you're clicking on it too, aren't you? (It's not as hilarious as the USC song girl bare-bottom scandal, though.)

Ever wonder what I do at work all day? Sometimes I have to spend time quickly bringing myself up to speed on the details of life in the WWE, so I can write knowledgably about a certain Mister Kevin Federline getting bodyslammed to the mat (with video!) to the delight of sane people everywhere. If my journalism advisor could see me now!

Mister Rogers makers working on new show. Aw. It won't be the same without him, but still: Aw. And also: Henrietta Meow Meow Pussycat Meow Meow Meow.

Quiz: How well do you know the "Desperate Housewives"? Well, not better than me, I wrote the test.

And this one's not an MSNBC story, but it still made me stop and think. "Dayton's was Annie Milner's happy place." Dayton's is of course the Minnesota department store my friends and family and I grew up with, which later became Marshall Field's and now, I guess, Macy's. Dayton's is gone, and I wonder if a story like Annie Milner's could happen again in our very different retail world of today.

No comments: