Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gumming up the works

When I was a kid, I loved going to the Maplewood Mall food court with friends (it was round! you could walk all around it and check out all your choices, then decide on what you want).

We'd always get Baskin-Robbins cones, and I always wanted bubble gum. The ice cream wasn't so great, but I just loved sucking on the cold, hard gum and letting it soften to chew-level in your mouth.

So I was fascinated to see that Matt of X-Entertainment discovered Bubble Yum ice cream, which sadly, does not have those big, soft Bubble Yum pieces, but instead has what appears to be Chiclets. I'd still try it, though.

1 comment:

Zak Rogers said...

OMG! I totally remember THAT food court at Maplewood Mall. It remember it being kind of below the regular floor level. Kind of a sunken garden of food of questionable nutrition. But who can pass up a big pretzel and an Orange Julius. Thanks Gael for putting me back in the day of little to no responsibility.

Zak