Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stick 'em up

Oh, I had so, so many of these scratch-n-sniff stickers as a kid. Branded in the 80s offers funny descriptive commentary on many of them, and I remember so many of them.

Trend stickers must have been the brand we had the most of, because I distinctly remember the cinnamon roll, the ice cream cone, the bubble gum, and especially, for some reason, the singing birthday candles. I suspect I used that one a lot on birthday cards.

I've told this story a million times, but when my cousin got married, her groom worked at Mello Smello, one of the scratch-n-sniff sticker companies. At the reception, almost all the speeches referenced "Mello Smello" in some way. They just had no idea how hilarious it sounded that they kept saying "Mello Smello" with complete seriousness.

No comments: