Saturday, April 14, 2007

We're so getting ripped off on the Kit Kat front

Many of you know Rob and I and our friend Sue went to Japan last June, and had a blast checking out all the funky candies and foods. Kit Kats, especially the Japan-only green-tea versions, were a hit with us.

Since then, Sue dug up the Kit Kat page on Wikipedia, and boy, are we getting ripped off here in the US.

Australia has Cookie Dough Kit Kats! Japan has Pineapple! Germany has Blood Orange! Japan has Pumpkin! Australia has Cappuccino! Japan has Choco Banana! Even our neighbor Canada has better choices, including Strawberry and Banana!

Sadly, all or most of these are limited editions, not always available, but still, it's obvious the U.S. gets the short end of the Kit Kat stick. Hmmph.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. Cookie dough.

Patient Petunia said...

I had a Mocha Kit Kat today (bought at New Town Market in Seattle) and it was coffee (in a bad way) flavored. Not so good. My favorite was the Lemon flavored I had in Portugal. The Blood Orange flavor was so-so, a bit on the bitter side.

Adam807 said...

When we had the dark chocolate ones in the US briefly I was in danger of getting VERY fat!

Anonymous said...

Cookie Dough!? We are getting screwed.

Unknown said...

Cinnamon Kit Kats are where it's at - yogurt ones, not so much. If I wanted yogurt, I wouldn't be eating a chocolate bar.

Anonymous said...

The cookie dough one is kind of odd because they have a layer between the dough and the wafer. But it's not bad, and seems to have become a permanent fixture around here in Aust.

Of course they can't seem to manage to give us cookie dough ice cream, but that's probably a good think so far as my bathroom scales are concerned.

ht said...

Don't worry, the cookie dough Kit Kats are crap. You're not missing anything.

Anonymous said...

To be honest, in Canada I find tout les choix tres confusement.

Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember the Strawberry flavor. I think I tried one and didn't like. I'm much more interested in lemon and coconut eclair. Unfair!

Canada is cursed with maple variations of the more popular chocolate bars. They started coming out a couple of years ago. I hate the fake maple flavor, it's like sugary barbecue drippings. We have access to the real thing pretty much all the time, but we get that instead. Stupid country.

Ooh, I bet I get deported now.

Anonymous said...

You also forgot about the Green Tea Kit Kat in Japan. Yum. Yeah, I think the US gets screwed on the candy front.

Anonymous said...

Cookie dough kitkats are so full of sugar you can feel your teeth slowly disintegrating before you're halfway through, and they get mushy really easily. Although the first few bites are pretty good.

At least you guys have more snacks. And cereal flavours. And...food in general.

Anonymous said...

What the heck? I live in Hershey, PA, like, three miles from the factory, and I've never seen anything more exotic than white chocolate Kit-Kats sold around here.