Friday, May 11, 2007

A/V geeks, unite

I loved this Scrubbles find on old classroom filmstrips.

Scroll down to the black and white one about fitting in. I find it hilarious that the one panel labeled "some young people try to gain favor with the crowd by being loud and calling attention to themselves," and their version of being "loud" and "calling attention to yourself" is wearing what appears to be Scarlett O'Hara's widow's weeds from the "Gone With the Wind" Virginia Reel scene.

I miss filmstrips. When I was in grade school, they were really big on teaching us all to use the A/V equipment. You would sit in the library and move from station to station, going independently through the instructions for how to work each machine. I wonder how many of those old machines are even used anymore?

No comments: