Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bubble up

Let's get back to the weird food and gross candy that is so much a staple of PCJM, shall we? Today at Target Rob and I spotted, at the checkout no less, CHOCOLATE Bubble Yum with a Hershey's co-branding on it.

See it here. According to Slashfood, it's been out since December, but this was the first time I've seen it. I was close to buying it for a sample, but a very strong sense memory of how every chocolate gum I have ever tasted has been mega-disgusting kept me from it. (I can envision the flavor right now, can't you? So artificial and so tongue-lashing that it gives you a permanent distrust of fake chocolate?)

Wasn't there a gum that advertised ice cream flavors and came in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and perhaps others? And was just nasty? I can almost picture the label. I bet it's in my copy of "Krazy Kids' Food" somewhere. (Or am I thinking of this ice-cream cereal?)

We also saw Bubbilicious Burst Ink'd, a gum that really has the trifecta of kid-tempting weirdness. It is sour, has a liquid center, and dyes your tongue different colors. When I type that out like that, I kind of can't believe I didn't buy a pack or ten. Man, if only it tie-dyed your tongue in rainbow colors like a Bomb Pop, as the package misleadingly advertises, I would have to go back.

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I bought some of the chocolate Bubble Yum -- it actually tastes like a Tootsie Roll. It loses its flavor really quickly, though.

Anonymous said...

I totaly remember that ice crem gum, but I can't remember the name any easier than you can. The other day, though, I saw Entemmens Bubblegum Flavoured Pop 'Ems and practically threw up in the store aisle. Who wants bubblegum donuts? Not me, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I had the same reaction, Kymm.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the chocolate Pop Rocks I saw in Florida last Christmas. Just sounds gross. Sort of like trying to blow a bubble with a well masticated Tootsie Roll or something...