Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Butcher of Ballard

So are you watching "Reaper"? It's still my favorite new show of the fall.

It's set in Seattle, but filmed in Vancouver, and in their Halloween show, the murderer Sam and Sock were after was the Butcher of Ballard -- Ballard being, of course, my own little Seattle neighborhood.

It's kind of awesome, because even though I know it's filmed in Vancouver, the Home Depot clone store (The Work Bench is its fictional name) they work at seems eerily like the HD near our house. Yes, all HDs kind of look alike, but the layout and the parking lot and the scenery are what strike a chord with me. So in this episode when they said "Ballard's just a few miles from here!" I nodded with complete belief.

3 comments:

jrgale25 said...

I started watching based on Gael recommendation and 'Reaper' is now one of my favorite shows.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving "Reaper." It's not my favorite of the year (that's reserved for "Gossip Girl," and yes, I'm over 30), but Ray Wise makes me laugh every week.

Alicia said...

I watched the first few episodes and enjoyed them, but I got the feeling that it was going to be the same thing every week (kind of like "House"), so I stopped watching.

Plus, I've been having a hard time making any new shows stick this season. I just can't be bothered to keep watching them. It's weird.

But ha! at the Ballard reference! I'm sorry I missed that.

(Free Ballard!)