Tuesday, April 22, 2008

PCJM's #1 post...

52 people, many who are not regular PCJM readers, have commented on my Hunt for Taco Doritos post.

It helps to be the #1 Google result for "Taco Doritos." However, my post is pretty useless, since I don't know where to find them.

The #2 Google result led me to Fort Wayne Grocery, which does indeed list Taco Doritos as something that can be ordered online. But I can't attest to whether they still have them. They apparently did as of 2004, according to this site. If someone does find out, let us all know.

Happy crunching!

6 comments:

Mike said...

I remember Taco Dorito's. They were my favorite growing up. I figured they stopped making them. First time on your blog; I can't believe I never ran across it before. It's right up my alley.

Anonymous said...

In Tennessee, they have the two-flavor bags that contain the original taco flavor and another flavor that I don't remember, but they are good together and easily distinguishable from each other. I have enjoyed the nostalgia from the small taste in those combo bags.

Jai said...

I'm in Maryland and we have Taco Doritos in our vending machine. These are NOT the Taco Doritos of the past. I remember the old Taco being spicy & taco-flavored. The new Taco is bland and bleh.

Anonymous said...

Check this out. Tells you where you can get any Frito Lay product within 50 miles of your zip code.
http://itemlocator.pepsico.com/fritolay/

Anonymous said...

Reading this made me crave Doritos, so I made my way out to the 24-hour Top Foods here in Woodinville and they actually had "Zesty Taco" flavor Doritos...but only in one of those "Flavor Collision" bags (as Tracy mentioned) along with "Chipotle Ranch". So I grabbed a bag.

It's actually easy to distinguish the flavors visually, and the "Zesty Taco" tastes pretty close to how I remember the oldschool taco flavor...

Wendy said...

I can get Taco Doritos at the Super Target here in North Dakota. But I agree, they are a bit blander than in the past.