Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hurl that spheroid down the field!

I just discovered that Sports Illustrated has an online vault featuring archives of old stories. You can even search by decade and sport, so if you want to read only college football stories from the 1950s, have at 'er.

Don't miss the gallery of the most unusual SI covers, including this week's unholily stupid comic-book cover, already an insipid classic. But this one gets my vote for weirdest. And I don't even wanna know what's going on here. (Does anyone know -- what's going on there?)

They also have an archive of swimsuit images, because that has a heck of a lot to do with sports. You can click on your favorite model, including such big names as Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Cheryl Tiegs, Paulina Porizkova and Christie Brinkley.

4 comments:

Rays profile said...

I forget what movie Namath was doing at the time, but that was it.

Anonymous said...

Love the Tom Lehrer shout-out in the title!

Anonymous said...

I kind of like that comic book cover. Or maybe I just like seeing the words "last-place Yankees." :p (I'm a die-hard Met fan.)

Deanna said...

That cover featuring Georgia's Uga is gorgeous! :) Go Dawgs!