Sunday, June 01, 2008

X marks the weird products

Anyone who's read PCJM regularly knows that Matt of X-Entertainment and I pretty much have the same sense of wonder at weird-ass products. Except I just mostly gawk at them in the store and occasionally snap a furtive iPhone picture. He actually buys and enjoys them.

He's got some great ones in recent entries, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cereal with Honey Ooze (once was green, now looks like the crust that might collect in a dead dog's eye) and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese crackers, which look vaguely like elbow macaroni. I can't imagine these being too popular, but I feel bad for Kraft, because you just know this was some poor sap's baby. He or she was sitting in meetings trying to convince people that his cracker would wipe Cheez-Its or Cheese Nips right off the map, and his or her boss was all doubtful, braying about how they have to protect the Mac 'N' Cheese blue box brand and can't go whoring it out to the highest bidder. And our Joe Schmo convinced the Big Boss, and now here you go. Bound to fail.

Buy some crackers for Joe Schmo, won't ya?

(Although in reality, Joe Schmo is probably a multi-millionaire new-product consultant living in Greenwich who can buy and sell you, me, and our crackers a hundred times over. I am nothing if not a realist in my fantasy world.)

No comments: