Friday, May 15, 2009

If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do

Four new penny designs are on their way! (Via Girlhacker)

I like the "formative years" one best, where he's reading on a log with his axe nearby, like he just chopped himself down a bench so he could take a book break. Also, I did NOT know his mom died from drinking "contaminated cow's milk."

Does anyone else remember singing this song in grade school? It is forever trapped in my head...and the capped words are exactly where we put the emphasis as we sang.

"AB-raham LIN-coln, KIND and GOOD, was honored and LOVED by man-y.

To HELP us reMEMber this PRES-i-DENT, we PUT his FACE on our PENNY!"

Rob strongly thinks we need to get rid of the penny, and when I look in my purse and see them all floating around, useless for almost anything except throwing in a coin machine at the bank after I've saved up a bunch, I kind of agree.

No comments: