Thursday, May 27, 2010

Burquas and Birkins

Seattle's Stranger has the best review of the new "Sex and the City" movie anywhere.

"Life for Charlotte is unbelievably difficult. As a wealthy stay-at-home mom with two children and a live-in, full-time nanny, she sometimes has to bake cupcakes! Also, one time her little child got finger paint on a piece of vintage cloth. Therefore, Charlotte cannot stop crying. "How do the women without help do it?" Charlotte (crying) asks Miranda. "I have no fucking idea," Miranda replies. Then they toast their disgusting glasses of pink syrup. To "them." To the "women without help." "If I wasn't rich, I'd definitely just kill myself right away with a knife!" says everyone in this movie without having to actually say it."

I enjoyed that review, and Jezebel's minute-by-minute blog of the movie, much more than I enjoyed the movie.

The hotel they stayed at was pretty awesome, though. A Jezebel commentor believes it's this one.

No comments: