Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it

I admit it, I just don't like the new style of celebrity engagement rings. I know some of these are worth more than my house, but they're just ... gaudy. Giant diamonds surrounded by diamonds with a band of diamonds. Were the designers in a hurry to get lunch? Very few of them are creative and few have bright colored gems to break up the dullness.

Also, a Kardashian should NOT have an $850,000 ring. No one should, really, but a Kardashian?




I adore Jenna Fischer, but it's tough to believe this is a $30,000 ring. I'm all for simplicity but it looks like the kind of ring I would draw when I was 10.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I'm afraid that "gaudy" is one of those words that's no longer considered an insult in the world of pop culture. Kind of like "obnoxious" or "ignorant."

Watts said...

Of all those, I like Emily Blunt's the best.