Friday, December 03, 2010

Sophia and Aiden, Isabella and Jacob...

...these are the names of the people who will be choosing our nursing homes, people.

Here are the top 100 baby names (100 boy, 100 girl) for 2010, according to Baby Center.

I know a LOT of kids with these names, both kids of friends and relatives and Kelly's daycare classmates. Thankfully, Kelly isn't on the list. It had its day (thanks to "Charlie's Angels") and is content to just be a good ol' name, not trendy, no grandma-y.

Also, that "Neveah" name drives me BONKERS. It's "Heaven" backwards, I get it, but COME ON. Makes you want to name a kid LLeh.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Except it's not "Heaven" backwards, it's "Heaven" misspelled backwards. Which makes it even worse.

Lacey said...

We named our 2nd daughter Emma, which is the #2 or 3 name. I never thought I would pick a trendy name but we named her after my husbands grandmother. I hate the names that substitute y's for other letters ie: Jordyn, etc.

Kelly said...

Can I just say that it is SO WEIRD to me when parents name their kids Kelly? Not because it's a bad name, but because it was super uber trendy where I grew up - I was always one of three Kellys in any given class. It's a fairly popular name here in Chicago, because apparently it never got trendy here like it did in California. Aren't regional differences interesting?