Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stars, stripes, and slushees forever

Dunkin Donuts aren't around here that I can tell, but they have an icy drink called the Coolata.

And for the upcoming "Captain America" movie, they have a three-color one, in patriotic red, white and blue. Of course Matt at X-E got a hold of one, and was deservedly thrilled.

Excerpt:
"The three flavors were chosen to create a red, white and blue effect, because duh. The red portion is a Cherry Coolata, and it leads the trio because it tastes awesome and looks so much like the blood soaked shores of a beachy horror movie. The blue portion is a Blue Raspberry Coolata, which is sour enough to curl my lips into the rough shape of a squid sucker upon every sip. Finally, the white portion. That’s a Vanilla Bean Coolata. It smells like suntan lotion and tastes like a Pina Colada. It's good, but I get the impression that the only reason this third flavor isn’t lemon is because Captain America hates Romania. It’s the slushie of our dreams, and it’s available for a limited time only. Ridiculous. Something this cool should never go extinct."

1 comment:

briank said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa....you don't have Dunkin' Donuts there?

I have SIX of them within a one-mile radius of my house, and there are NONE in Seattle?

I think I need to sit down...