Tuesday, December 06, 2011

We are journalists

I love "We Are Journalists," the site where journalists explain why we do what we do.

This one is a favorite: "I lived in 13 cities between the age of 18 and 40. In journalism, in order to move up you’ve got to move. I’ve covered a Super Bowl, an execution and the Indian tsunami. I’ve asked priests if they molested children. Sometimes, they confessed. I love being a reporter. It is who I am. You have great power and great responsibility. Use it for good. You have access to everyone. You ask the questions no one else will. This skill will not help your dating life. Now I teach journalism. I miss the newsroom every day. I miss the energy, the deadlines, the crazy people. I miss the fight. I tell my students to ride the ride as long as they can. They will never regret it.'

No comments: