Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Dumb names for nail polish

UPDATED LINK! I really want this blog to start updating again.

My favorite nail polish currently is OPI Hearts and Tarts, a lovely light pink that works for French manicures or simple fresh coverage.

But that doesn't mean I don't secretly long to have a fulltime job making up random names for nail polish or paint colors.

Here's a great quote, from an entry about a polish color named "Cool As."

"Cool As? Cool As What? I don't know if I can handle the suspense! A refreshing mountain spring? The von Trapp child Maria forgot about and left in the Alps? That gum I keep seeing commercials for where everything suddenly becomes an ice cavern and for some reason you can then talk to women with ease? Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a thermometer!"
I also like this comment, on a color called "Princesses Rule!": "I'm pretty sure that, by definition, they don't."

No comments: