Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Still waiting for the next 'Secret History'

If you know me at all, you know that I am semi-obsessed with Donna Tartt's "Secret History." (Her second book, "The Little Friend," was dullllllll, while I've read "Secret History" approximately a jillion times.)

I've been waiting for her to write something along the lines of TSH again, and am so sickly obsessed that this little news item on Galley Cat made me happy because even though there's no publication date, at least there's word that she's writing, and a cool-sounding plot summary.

"The new novel, as yet untitled, is a story of loss and obsession about a young man, guilt-stricken and damaged after the death of his mother, and the growing power that a stolen piece of art exercises over him, drawing him into an underworld of theft and corruption where nothing is as it seems."

No comments: