Thursday, July 05, 2007

Their floors are sticky-mart, they made Dad sicky-mart

I had kind of a bad night Monday, so I needed to get out of the house, and when Rob suggested a trip to the Seattle 7-Eleven turned "Simpsons" Kwik-E-Mart, I agreed. (This is a big step forward for me...it's not that long ago that I would have insisted I needed to stay home and wallow in my mood, but I'm maturing! At almost 40!)

Anyway, we heartily enjoyed the visit...I played Bart by buying a blue vanilla Squishee (renamed Slurpee) and Rob played Homer by actually buying and consuming a nasty looking cheeseburger dog. They were out of the uber-popular pink donuts, but they did have the great sign announcing that "a Twizzler is not a topping." And they were out of Krusty-Os cereal, though they had plenty of Buzz cola. One of my favorite sights was the lifesize window cling of old man Jasper, in the freezer where he once hung out on a hot day on the show.

We took pictures, but Matt at X-Entertainment details his visit so well that our pics are really superfluous. Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart? We dooooooooo.

No comments: