Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Everybody salsa!


I've posted once or twice about Doritos Salsa Verde chips, which are apparently tough to find in many places.

When we were driving to Seattle from LA though, we stopped in little gas and convenience stores, and they had about every hard-to-find junk food there was -- Doritos Salsa Verde, Chocodiles, the whole shebang. It was like the Land of Misfit Snack Foods. Even though it was about 1:30 in the morning by the time we got there, Sue and I were running from aisle to aisle showing each other weird products we found. I tried some horrible double-chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup, and even though you would think that would be good, it was dead awful. I think it's still melting away in the door handle of the rental car.

But unfortunately, for all those who aren't in Nowheresville, California, you might like to know that you can order Doritos Salsa Verde chips here, and Chocodiles here. Have at 'em!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Choco Bliss?

Anonymous said...

I won't eat Doritos ever again, because of their "If not now, when?" campaign. "If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?" was written by the Talmudic scholar Hillel circa 70 BCE and was not meant to sell tortilla chips.

Hostess, though, I will always love. Ever have Leopards? They're Twinkies with little chocolatey chips in them.

Anonymous said...

i came across your blog randomly and was sort of surprised to see that salsa verde doritos was a rare item in places. in Idaho they are everywhere. i myself am not a fan for the bad breath factor after you eat any doritos but they are definetly not rare here. sorry this was pointless rambeling.
Katie
www.livejournal.com/users/blueyedchik

DeKreeft27 said...

I'd like to point out one impressive fact about Salsa Verde Doritos - they are the only Doritos chip with absolutely no dairy products. As someone who is allergic to milk, this makes Salsa Verde Doritos the only ones I can eat regularly. I am incredibly thankful for them.