Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Form of ... an urban legend!


Wow, I guess I never realized, despite watching about eight jillion episodes of "Super Friends," that the Wonder Twins did not actually have a pair of magic rings that they touched together. They just had to touch hands, no rings involved. (You need to scroll down in this guy's entry to find that fact, but I think he's right.)

Which is a shame, really, because having rings would be pretty cool, and the twins overall could use a massive infusion of cool. I am sure that knowing this won't stop Rob and I from occasionally touching our wedding rings together and saying "Wonder Twin powers, activate," because we are just geeks that way.

Now what's interesting is to search on "Wonder Twins" and "rings" and see how many people have the same exact misconception about the rings.

Form of ... an urban legend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, admitting that I knew this didn't get me any dates in high school.

Meredith said...

I could have sworn they had rings. Darn! Oh well, I can still get a Shazam/Capt. Marvel ring, yes?

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are geeks too, we did the Wonder Twin thing with our rigns right after we got married, with "Form of... a wife!" "Shape of... a Husband!"

Anonymous said...

Now I'm sad. I actually thought they had bracelets that they touched together, but I think I just have a Wonder Women fixation.

Anonymous said...

It was the two kids in the Shazam! cartoon that had the rings. ~DebSiobhan

Anonymous said...

Zan and Jana were two of the lamest "super hereos" ever. I mean, when is an ice slide a real asset is stopping evil! Gleek was the real mastermind.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Dawnstar and Nightglider, the "Dynamite Duo" from Dynamite magazine, have rings that changed them into their superhero personas? Maybe some people are merging them with their memory of the Wonder Twins. (And why do apparently so few people remember Dynamite magazine?)

Anonymous said...

People like me had this and "Shazzan" (youtube has a clip of the opening credits) confused with each other. In Shazzan (1968 cartoon) two kids find two rings which join to form the word "Shazzan" (so close to Shazam - intentional, for sure) which summons a genie etc.