Monday, July 18, 2005

Pony tales


My fomer co-worker Jon Tevlin has written a story for the Strib on the annual My Little Pony convention.

Maybe you have to know him, even a little, but I'm cracking up just picturing Jon, a large, mustachioed, mellow guy, standing there interviewing these people about plastic horses named Blue Belle, Cotton Candy, and Snuzzle.

He got a helluva quote to end on, too. Says one guy of his girlfriend's pony obsession: "I figure, if it makes her happy, I don't have any problem with it. I mean, it's just a toy. It's not like she's collecting severed fingers or something."

Severed fingers and My Little Ponies...now there's some future synergy for you right there.

1 comment:

Harold said...

Hee! I know where dude's coming from - my wife is totally into Duran Duran. But I say "it could be worse. She could be into Hummel figurines, or Amway, or the Lord."