Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wonka cakes



So have you seen these yet? Wonka Cakes.

They're Hostess Cupcakes, as if they were made by some scary-ass colorblind baker.

They have purple frosting, and the little white squiggle (always the best part) is now in orange. Break it open and find that the white cream filling is purple too, though the cupcake part is still chocolate.

Damn, I'm thinking Willy Wonka made these out of crushed-up Oompa Loompas. I wouldn't put anything past that guy, you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i seriously cannot think of a worse idea than tie-in promotions to a movie so blatantly creepy. willy wonka on the packaging? oh yeah, lots of kids are gonna want that.

Twerpette said...

Hi Gael! That's gotta be you (from MSP Communications). I hope all is well. I just found your weblog and have linked it to mine (Twerpette). Best wishes! Ciao!

Anonymous said...

OK, I couldn't resist, I was on vacation and purple is my favorite color! I tried one and to me it had a strange coconut taste and a slimy consistency. Definitely weird.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I tried these, and they don't taste anything like the regular ones. The purple frosting isn't anywhere close to chocolate flavored!