Thursday, July 14, 2005

The product nobody needs


Let me present you with the Product Absolutely Nobody Needs: Belly-button fragrance. Oh, I am so not kidding. Of course, it's from that Jessica Simpson Dessert line.

"A provocative new concept in scent for the new frontier in erogenous zones ... the belly button! Daring, seductive, and deliciously kissable, this roll-on fragrance is fully charged with sweetness that guarantees instant attraction. Simply pick your favorite scent: French vanilla and smooth caramel (Creamy), silky, or juicy, and berry sweet with a subtle hint of crisp green bouquet (Juicy). So irresistible, it's OK to double-dip..."

Double-dip? I don't even get that! Put it on twice? Use both scents? Is that supposed to be some kind of dirty joke? I am so old, I'm out of it.

I also find it funny that they're out of stock, which either means this was humongously popular and it sold out, or no one was clamoring for it so they just didn't bother to restock it.

2 comments:

Annie Bulloch said...

I wouldn't expect Jessica Simpson to realize this, but hasn't it been at least several thousand years since there was truly a "new frontier in erogenous zones"? The human race has devoted some serious time to this endeavor and probably had done it all and gotten bored with it when they finally decided to go outside and invent the wheel.

That being said, I'm amused by the product's concept, even if it's overpriced and probably something I'm allergic to anyway.

Meredith said...

Am I supposed to be worried about how my belly button smells, now? Can't I just believe that anyone who cares about how my bellybutton smells is just hopelessly weird?