Sunday, August 14, 2005

Anthony, my hero

"For Better or For Worse" continues with the weirdness. We don't learn a lot from Monday's strip, except that Liz and Howard were not alone at the landscaping place, they were only alone in the building. So any one of the guys could have walked in at any time?

And the guys seem less than shocked that Howard attacked Liz. She announces what happened and she doesn't get a "He WHAT?" or "Howard ATTACKED you?" Instead she gets a "eh, sorry, we were busy." And as someone pointed out over at FOOBiverse, there's now an attempted rapist wandering the streets of Milborough, eh, about which no one seems in the least bit bothered or concerned.

And then we learn that Glasses Guy (who looks exactly like Gordon to me) has been "wanting to punch Howard out for ages." So did Howard go after him too? Or was he just kind of an idiot in general? And it looks like we have to wait a day or more to find out what brought Anthony to the garden center -- whether it's just to buy some fertilizer or if he's here to tell Liz that he dumped that baby-hatin' Therese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, Liz enrages me. "I like to think there's good in everyone!" That's not necessarily charming, Liz; it's also foolish, in the face of stalkers and attempted rapists.

It says a lot about this strip that I can't even take its rape attempt seriously, but I keep reading it for some reason so I guess the joke's on me.

Anonymous said...

Anthony was at the garden center to buy some lime. That is why no one has seen therese for awhile. Business trip my booty.