Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bring on the guilt


My friend Jon and I (would that make me Ponch, in the photo?) co-edited MSNBC's Guilty Pleasures package. I wrote about quite a few of my own guilty pleasures, including misheard lyrics, "Starting Over," magazine subscriptions, "Independence Day," perfume, and "CHiPs."

Here are the four Guilty Pleasures stories:

Lifestyle: From alphabet soup to ice-cream sammies

In TV-land, 'CHiPs" are the cops and '90210' the zip

Dancing to the guilty pleasure beat

Now playing at the Guilty Pleasure cineplex

Check them out, vote in the polls, and if you want, you can rate the stories (from 1 to 5) at the end of each of the four. They were a lot of fun to write and edit, and I hope folks like reading them. You can also use the mailbag at the end of each story to send in your own guilty pleasures to possibly be quoted in our reader roundup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While i loved the lifestyle section, I could not acess the other sectioms. Did someone mess up when posting these?

Gael Fashingbauer Cooper said...

No, they still worked for me, but I noticed they were linking in such a way to indicate they came from a prior GP link. I took that part out, try them now.

Copy Editor said...

I think I can beat everything in the music section.

I own a copy of the New Kids On The Block Greatest Hits CD. I bought this on purpose within the last 5 years.

Great articles, though. I loved them.