Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Keep em zipped, fellows

I am slightly obsessed with the hunt for the NYC subway perv.

If you haven't been following the story, a young woman saw this guy, uh, rather involved with himself on the subway, and properly horrified, she snapped his photo. (Her original Flickr post is here, but warning, it includes the photo of the guy, and it's not G-rated. The posts she got are semi-creepy themselves, as people come out of the woodwork to attack the woman instead of the perv. Yikes.)

Now her story has been published all over, and though it has not been proven, many folks think the guy owns a raw-food restaurant in town (make your own "in the raw" joke here).

I never had any trouble on public transport in Minnesota, but once on a Seattle bus out of downtown, apparently some guy was doing this deed while standing in the aisle next to me. I was wrapped up in a book and didn't see a thing, but the bus driver did, yelled at him, threw him off the bus, and sat there and apologized to me the whole rest of the way. I didn't see anything, but it sure made me feel gross anyway, which I guess is part of these creeps' intention. So I hope that whoever this guy is, they catch him and make an example of him. The cops interviewed about this say the men caught in this kind of act are rarely drooling pervs, they look like clean-cut guys and are often married with kids. Chaaaaaarming.

No comments: