Saturday, August 20, 2005

Living in the 80s

My friend Lisa M. passed me this 1980s lyrics quiz. You have to type in the missing words, so be sure to spell them right. I got 72%, but I wasn't being very careful when I filled them in, and I spent much of the 1980s running away from hair-metal bands, so I'm not so good on the Whitesnake and friends.

I also love looking at this as a big Madlibs, or Match Game, where you fill in your own words to lines like "cause your friends don't BLANK and if they don't BLANK; well, they're no friends of mine."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got 77.05%. No one recognizes "You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar"?

Anonymous said...

What if yesterday's legends were reanimated as famous eighties stars? If you're curious, this site oughta answer some questions. Some of the advanced galleries (in the drop down menu near the top) are better, but in my mind none can beat the Andrew Jackson "Thriller" cover on the first page.

Anonymous said...

I admit that my roommate and I sat and did the quiz together, but we got 128.5 points, which probably means we are socially unacceptable. Knowing the ballads this well 20 years later can't be good!

Anonymous said...

I got a 60.5, but would have been a little higher, but for typos.

Anonymous said...

I got 84%, and that included several typos. Man, how embarassing is that?! I do admit that I love 80's music though. That was a fun site - thanks for the link! :)

Anonymous said...

so, if i tell the truth about having been born "before woodstock," i get 30% off my score! I'm over 100% if I lie and choose any of the other categories. Someone should tell this person that someone born in 1967 is not a yuppie! We're Gen-X dammeet!

Anonymous said...

116.1 with typos. 10% bonus for being too young to remember those songs. Special thanks goes out to Flash, my local all 80s station. Gael, did you post this on your site about a year ago or am I hallucinating again?

Anonymous said...

132.5. I think I'm scared now.