Monday, August 15, 2005

Lost and oh-so-Found

I love Found Magazine, and my love dates back to even before they came out with their first print issue, when they accepted a find of mine. I discovered a note on the sidewalk right outside the employee entrance of the Star Tribune one day. It was a list someone had written to themselves reminding them, I guess, of things they wanted to work on. I always envision it written by a woman, with some kind of mental slowness. It said "Quit saying 'OK' and 'Ya' and putting hand up to mouth, quit saying 'stuff,' play with each bite of food before eating it like my dad did, and 'what not.' "

Sometimes I wonder if this person had success quitting any of these things. The note is still on the Found site if you want to look at it. I got to name it, and dubbed it "Like my dad did."

But I didn't know until now that Found's online site has a Find of the Week online. This is a great way to tide me over until the next print issue comes out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the FOUND love--did you go to any of their readings? They are a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

I just spent a couple of hours looking at "Find of the Week" and wishing for more.

Anonymous said...

Since you live in Seattle, you should come to the Dirty Found show at the Re-Bar tonight.