Monday, September 04, 2006

Summer, summer, summer

For some reason, popculturejunkmail.com is not working at the moment. But you can still access the site at pcjm.blogspot.com, and with any luck, the real URL will be back in a flash.

What a summer, eh? If you count the beginning of summer from late April, mine included:
--Friends' wedding on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
--Ten days in Japan with Rob and our friend Sue, the best trip I've ever taken, and an amazingly cool country I have to get back to
--Two weeks at the Ritz-Carlton in Pasadena, attending the TV critics conference and taking the number of celebs I've seen in my life and multiplying it by 100.
--Weekend in Boston and a side trip to Bennington, Vermont, finally allowing me to see Bennington College, which inspired the colleges in "The Secret History" and in "Rules of Attraction"
--Two trips home to Minnesota, including hosting my best friend's bridal shower, complete with massages for all interested guests, and a trip to the Minnesota State Fair's first sideshow in 17 years
--My first college football game since...well, college, when we attended Saturday's U of Washington home opener at Husky Stadium
--Soccer game featuring Real Madrid vs. DC United, with yes, David Beckham

Those are just the big events that come to mind at the moment. Quite a summer, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am jealous because you went to Japan. I want to go so bad so I am saving and saving for it. Also, is "Becks" that good looking?