Saturday, October 28, 2006

Come and play, everything's A-OK


Apparently there's a new DVD release of old-time, complete "Sesame Street" episodes, aimed not at today's kids but at those of us nostalgic for the time in the 1960s and 1970s when "Sesame" was new.

Scrubbles points out this great, and through review of the set. This will definitely be a must-purchase for me eventually.

I also watched the "Independent Lens"feature on how "Sesame" sets up programs in other countries, tailoring them to fit their culture and expectations, and it was just fascinating. Made you want to quit your job and go work for the Children's Television Workshop.

1 comment:

GoBetty said...

Because of this link I just bought this for my nieces for Christmas... they're around 4 and 6. Who knows what they'll think. But I'm sure my sister and I will love it (we're around 30 and 40). :-)