Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where you lead, I will follow

There are times when my mom and I are just a wee bit like Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, only with me in Lorelai's generation and my mom a generation or two before Emily's. And we live in much larger towns with much less family money and fewer diner meals, and aren't nearly as gorgeous, but I'm getting off-track.

She just asked me on the phone, randomly, out of the middle of nowhere, "Do you know what year Judy Garland died? Don't look it up!"

I guessed 1990. WAS I WRONG! Turns out we both thought poor ol' Judy had a lot longer life than she really did. Somewhere, over the rainbow indeed.

4 comments:

astruc said...

I guessed 1976.

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked yet to see if the answer's posted (guess it is, under the 'was I wrong' link).

I am thinking it was 1969, at age 47?)

I was actually born that yr

Carol Elaine said...

I guessed 1967 - I was born in 1966 and I knew that I never remembered her being alive. I was wrong, too.

sars said...

I always remember the year of La Garland's death because the Stonewall riots happened days later -- many say the two are linked. :)