Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hail to the Chief

I love the White House's official Flickr photo stream. And I try not to be judgey on what people wear, honestly, but if you were invited to meet with the president, wouldn't you...I dunno...dress up? The captain looks OK to me (although commentors seem to think those are black tennis shoes he has on), but his wife could have perhaps worn a skirt or dress...just saying!

This reminds me of a picture Rob and I saw years ago of a woman with giant curlers in her hair shaking hands with the Pope at some public appearance. Now, I suppose she could have just heard commotion outside and ran out of the bathroom and boom, there's the Pope, but I kind of don't think so. So why are you wearing curlers? You're meeting the Pope! Who are you curling your hair for later that's a bigger deal, Queen Elizabath?

2 comments:

Annie Bulloch said...

I would dress up a bit more to meet the (current) president, but I've really never liked wearing dresses and skirts so he probably would have to just live with seeing me in a pantsuit.

I can't imagine a scenario in which I'd bother meeting the pope, but if he showed up at my door, I might throw a robe on over my pajamas.

Magda said...

Why does a woman need to wear a skirt or dress to be "dressed up"?

Not disagreeing with your point but just wanted to comment on this. :)