Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beyond the Little House

I love this: A Laura Ingalls Wilder blog.

I was researching Laura recently for the book, and while I thought I knew a lot about her, I didn't realize that of all the four Ingalls girls, Laura was the only one who gave Ma and Pa a grandchild, and she only had one, her daugher, Rose Wilder Lane. Mary never married, and Grace and Carrie did, but did not have children.

And all three generations--Ma, Laura, and Rose--had baby boys who died before the age of one. Sad, sad.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You should read the excellent biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Donald Zochert, "Laura." He really did his research on her, where exactly the houses were, and lots of things about the family and friends you probaby never knew. Great photos, too. It's one of my favorite biographies. The Seattle or King County library has it.