Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween gets cheesy

You know, I have fun writing about pop culture junk, but man, Matt of X-Entertainment really shows us all how to do it in his simple and hilarious article about Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (Kraft Dinner to you Canadians!) and their new Halloween-shaped pasta. Not really sure what he has against milk, though.

Some great lines:
"My mac-and-cheese memories are a little hazy, but I didn’t remember it being such a drawn out process. Ten minutes or so to get the water bubbling, then almost fifteen more to make the pasta mushy. I could build a flying car in less time."

"Worst of all, in my panic to get the milk step over with quickly, I haphazardly poured around five times more than was needed. You know what’s worse than milk? Extra milk."

"As much as it pains me to pay milk a compliment, it really did put up a good fight. Only after several minutes and some very vicious stirring was I able to merge a reasonable amount of it into the other ingredients. As it withered, and I swear this is true, I heard the faint, disembodied voice of milk promise that it’d be back."

"With both macaroni and cheese and Halloween relying so heavily on the color orange for identification purposes, they really are a match made in heaven. Makes you wonder why nobody fixed ‘em up sooner. They must have diametrical religious beliefs. I say this because it tickles me to picture cheesy macaroni wearing a yarmulke."

"Thank you, Gingela, for pointing these out. And thank you, makers of Bounty paper towels, for giving me something else to pick up at Target, so I wouldn’t have to be the guy standing on line with a box of macaroni and cheese and nothing else."

No comments: