Friday, May 12, 2006

News from the day job

So my boss called me at home last night, all excited about a rumor on the "American Idol" bulletin boards that claimed people calling Chris Daughtry's number this week got Katharine McPhee thanking them instead. I myself would never call into "Idol," so I couldn't offer first-hand verification or not, but I did research it (and eventually got FOX to give me a denial) and wrote it up here.

It was funny to see the story I wrote from home become the #1 most viewed and #1 most emailed story on MSNBC.com all day Friday. Even though I had the day off, I kept an eye on it and updated it as news warranted. MSNBC cable picked it up (video/audio link) and reported on it, and NBC may do the same. My byline's not on it because I incorporated some AP-supplied background, thus the "staff and wire" byline, but it's really pretty much all me. Kinda cool.

No comments: