Thursday, September 07, 2006

For WE KNEW IT

For some reason, popculturejunkmail.com is not working at the moment. But you can still access the site at pcjm.blogspot.com, and with any luck, the real URL will be back soon.

Oh yes, the cop is at Liz's door for Howard, as we alllllll predicted. (Good thing she moved home like, the day before the cop came a-looking for her, no?)

Howard's last name is Bunt? Maybe he shouldn't have tried to swing for the fences with Liz then, ar ar ar. Oh, I know, sexual assault is not funny. Except this one.

Also, is it just me, or with glasses and a bun, does Liz look EXACTLY like Elly?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz DOES look like Elly. It's amazing how many guys she has after her considering how matronly she looks.

mcm said...

Heh. My dad once, while watching the B horror movie Jack Frost (the one with the homicidal snowman, not to be confused with the Michael Keaton Jack Frost as a bad dad snowman) observed, "Normally, rape is not very funny...." And it's a joke that has lived on for years, and I'm so glad we aren't the only people capable of finding bad sexual assault storylines amusing!...

Anonymous said...

I thought it WAS Elly when I did my catch-up reading this afternoon! I had to read some of the stupid strips twice before I could see the difference.

Sharla makes an interesting point, and also with that, I predict Liz will keep her hair like this forever - the better to match with Granthony, of course.

Anonymous said...

Okay, and God knows I'm not up on my Canadian criminal law, so it's always possible that I'm wrong -- but if she filed charges a year ago, there's no reason he couldn't have been charged with a crime right away. Maybe we do things differently in Oregon or something, but -- seriously, assaulting just the one woman is probably a crime, all on its own. They don't have to sit around waiting for him to go on a spree before he can be charged, I'm guessing. So this makes no damn sense, in addition to it also aging Liz 30 years.

Anonymous said...

"Bunt" makes me think of the very old Monty Python sketch (I think). One character, throught the skit, substitutes "b" for "c"; when someone points this out to him, he says, "what a silly bunt I am!"