Tuesday, October 10, 2006

High school never ends

Bowling for Soup's "1985" first attracted me since it's about the year I graduated (plus it's a damn catchy song, with a great video). I bought their earlier album and kind of forgot about it, though it does have some other good songs, especially "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)".

Now today, just as I was parking in front of the house, satellite radio played a new Bowling for Soup song, "High School Never Ends." ("Reese Witherspoon, she's the prom queen / Bill Gates, he's on the chess team.")

It was so catchy I made Rob come sit in the parked car with me while I utilized the kind-of-like-TiVo function on my XM radio to replay it.
("Check out the popular kids / You’ll never guess what Jessica did / How did Mary Kate lose all that weight? / And Katie had a baby so I guess Tom’s straight.")

So awesome.

And who can't identify with this?:

"The whole damn world is just as obsessed
With who‘s the best dressed and who‘s having sex,
Who‘s got the money, who gets the honeys,
Who‘s kinda cute and who‘s just a mess
And I still don’t have the right look
And I still have the same three friends
And I’m pretty much the same as I was back then
High school never ends..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God...XM radio has a replay option?!?!?!?!?! Please, you must tell me...how do you do this? I've gotten so used to the 7-second rewind on TiVo that I have found myself pressing the button on an imaginary remote any time I missed what someone said in real life, or see something funny happen in real life. I feel like such a dork, and people don't really know what I'm doing, but to be able to rewind XM radio would at least make me a little bit less of a dork.

Gael Fashingbauer Cooper said...

Lisa: I have the SkyFi2 radio, and it has a 30-minute replay option. But if you turn the car off, you lose the stored music.

Anonymous said...

Aw shoot. I don't have that setup. Figures. Oh well...thanks for the info!

OpenIntro said...

Just FYI, A HANGOVER YOU DON'T DESERVE isn't Bowling for Soup's first album....it's actually their 7th full length album. Their 8th THE GREAT BURRITO EXTORTION CASE comes out on November 7th :)