Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dress mess

How did I not know about "Say Yes to the Dress," a reality show filmed at Kleinfeld's massive wedding emporium in New York, before my co-worker Paige admitted her addiction to it? These women are not Bridezilla crazy, thankfully, but it still gives me my wedding fix. (The brides have dress budgets ranging from around $2000-$5000, but here's an article about David's Bridal going for the $99 dress crowd.)

The episode I'm watching right now has a Twin Cities bride who doesn't know when she's getting married and the consultant is pretty skeptical that it will ever happen. Slam!

And speaking of "Bridezillas," that show has returned! Two new episodes have aired. In one, "Bridezilla Christina has a weight minimum for her bridesmaids, who must be at least 200 lbs." Apparently the bride herself is rather large and does not want anyone looking thinner than her. Niiiiice. (I really, really hope all or most of these brides are putting on an act, a la the "American Idol" crazy auditioners, and aren't quite this insane in real life.)

2 comments:

Fraulein N said...

I've recently fallen in love with "Bridezillas." These women are so delightfully crazy. I think part of it is the stress of wedding planning, plus a bit of acting out for the cameras, but I bet there was a low-grade bitchiness/crazy simmering at all times to begin with.

Aunty Pol said...

LOL..I thought I was the only one addicted to this show. I loved the recent one with Stacy London on it .

Greetings from Houston.